As I sat taking notes and trying to figure out my plan of action for the upcoming week, I started to reflect on my failures of the past and how I overcame them for the future. How could I move on from my past failures and is there anyone I know that has failed so miserably, yet they are still striving and have been successful. Searching online, I found that one of my mentors Mr. John C Maxwell was going to be preaching on the very same topic so I decided to take some notes and I hope that you do your own research to come up with your own conclusion. Here goes;
Here are some books that have helped me, and you may want to purchase if your going through some tough times with past or current situations. Failing Forward – John C Maxwell, Put your dream (To the Test) – John C Maxwell
Apostle Paul and Failure
Your greatest asset is how you think or see things. God will give us a fresh perspective.
1. Cheif of all sinners
2. Spent my early years going after the wrong thing
3. Life was filled with Difficulties
4. Life was filled with Hardships
5. His prayers were not always answered
6. Paul was not an attractive person
7. Paul was rejected and lonely
Look at the life of Apostle paul – 2 Conrinthians 11:24-29
1. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
3. In journeying often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
4. In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
5. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
6. Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
Here are also more bullet points
1. Paul realized that GODs greatness is not determined by OUR human greatness.
The Answer (2 Corinthians 4:7)
2. Paul refused to believe that failures were final.
The Answer (2 Corinthians 4:8)
3. Paul could live without understanding everything
The Answer (2 Corinthians 4:8)
4. Paul knew that GOD with this him in difficult times.
5. Paul didn’t allow the problems on the outside to get on the inside of him.
1. Paul had a grace perspective. – 2 Corinthians 7:2
2. Paul has a GOD perspective.
The way to get beyond past failures is to embrace GRACE!
Let go of the Past and Embrace GOD’s GRACE.God doesn’t need a great me, he just needs an obedient ME and YOU. I don’t have to be great, just obedient. God is to good to be unkind, and to wise to be confused.Paul overcome his failures because he trusted in GOD to overcome his failures.
Here is a story that was told. A little boy was getting ready for bed and he was reading a book just before going to bed. The boys father peaked in the room to see how his son was getting along with the book so that he could hurry and go to bed. Well the little boy’s face had a frightened look on his face. His father said, “Son what’s wrong?” and the little boy explained to his father that the super hero in the book, his favorite super hero was in trouble and it really did not look like he was going to make it. The boy exclaimed, “Dad, I’m really afraid because it does not appear like my Super Hero is going to make it this time. He always usually does make it but not this time.” The boys father encouraged him to read on and finish the book later that week so that he could find out what happened to his favorite Super Hero.
The little boy determined that it was just too much suspense for him so he skipped to the back of the book to find out what happened. A few minutes later his father checked on him again to make sure that his son was getting ready for bed. This time, the little boy was smiling from ear to ear. His father asked, “Son what happened so quickly that now you are smiling?” The box explained that he had to skip to the back of the book to read that in the end his Super Hero would be perfectly fine. Nothing was actually going to happen to him. He would be alright and he would not be harmed. The boys father left the room smiling. However, the boy kept reading from where he left off previously in the book. He shouted to his Super Hero in the book, “Don’t worry, its going to be Alright, everything is going to be just OK… If you only know what I know, I’ve already read that you will be alright. Hang in there Super Hero, Just Hang in there. Don’t give up, Please don’t give up!” The boy knew ahead of the Super Hero what was going to happen, and GOD knows exactly what we are going through and what’s going to happen!
So please don’t give up on your dreams, Don’t give up because of past failures, Don’t give up because someone does not believe in you. Keep pressing on, because GOD knows all things, and for one you must NEVER Give up and just stick in there!
Question: What are some past failures that most people thought you were down, but you got UP!